A Storrs, CT customer decided it was time for a whole house surge protection system.
"My electrical panel was on FIRE," he worriedly told our dispatcher. His home had been hit by lightning.
We sent one of our electricians out immediately to begin the work to get power back on at the residence.
We wish we could say this was the only time we've performed this service.
Why Lightning and Surge Protection is ImportantElectrical surges are sudden spikes, also known as surges. They occur in the electrical current that travels throughout your home's electrical system. These can happen at anytime and usually with no warning. This is why you should consider lightning and surge protection in your home.
Lightning is an obvious suspect in surges. But did you know that some power surges can actually come from within your own home? For example, turning on your vacuum cleaner or hair dryer can create an electrical surge throughout your home. It is like too much water pressure being applied to a hose. A "burst" is created. External power surges also result from downed power lines. An electrical surge can even enter your home through your cables and telephone wiring!
By installing surge protection in your electrical panel, you are protecting your electronics. When a sudden surge occurs, the unit detects the excess current and safely diverts it through the house’s grounding path.
The professionals at Rapid Service LLC have been dedicated to quality work at reasonable prices. Our team includes licensed electricians ready to serve you, day or night, seven days a week. All of our work is charged by the job, not by the hour, so you'll know exactly what you're paying when you schedule service. We respect you, your time, and your property.